<$BlogRSDURL$>
Agam's Gecko
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
 
AMERICAN JIHAD: 'CONVERT TO ISLAM OR DIE'
A

dam Gadahn, formerly a California kid named Adam Pearlman and presently probably the most well known American convert to the Islamist fascism ideology, appeared in a new jihad video made public last Friday. He was briefly introduced in this latest al Qaeda production by none other than Ayman Zawahiri himself, but the show was all his -- speaking to his audience (all of us non-jihadists, apparently) in English and hitting on most of the main progg/lefty talking points. Quite reminiscent of bin Laden's video missive just prior to the 2004 US election, young Adam (nom de guerre Abu Azzam) spins his idiotic diatribe with confidence, displaying the close attention his side pays to the western media, and the political debates therein.

Remember when Osama mentioned Michael Moore and Robert Fisk in such favourable terms? (When I say favourable, I mean relative to the other, bad kuffar, of course). Fisky gets another nice mention from Abu Azzam here, along with Geoge Galloway and Seymour Hersh. AllahPundit has the video highlights, and it really isn't that much sillier than the average Democratic Underground discussion. It looked to me as though he was striving to appear fully informed about all these American issues -- like those couple of anti-Rumsfeld generals on TV -- but it comes across more like, "Mention this, and then mention this and this and that too." Going down the bullet points, to achieve resonance in the right circles. I'm sure I heard him say "Seymour Hearst."

But the name dropping didn't stop with the good infidels, or invitations for them to "come to the light" and leave this democracy nonsense behind by joining the jihad team. No, he called out some of the jihad's most effective opponents, and called upon them to join the "true faith" as well. Mentioned by name in this category were Daniel Pipes, Robert Spencer, Michael Scheuer (bit of a strange inclusion) and Steven Emerson. He even called George W. Bush to repent and convert, elsewhere referring to him sneeringly as "Dubya."

Daniel Pipes gives his answer here:
I note your offer for me to change sides in the current war. But I am faithful to my own religion, to my own country, and to my civilization. I will do my part to defeat radical, totalitarian Islam and to usher in the emergence of a modern, moderate, and good-neighborly Islam in its place.
Robert Spencer was also quick to publish his reply here:
Thank you for the invitation, Adam, and for your thoughtfulness in extending to me in particular a personal call. But I'm afraid I must decline. While I appreciate that I would be your "brother in Islam" if I became a Muslim and turned my "sword against the enemies" of Allah, I cannot and will not give in to violent intimidation, come what may, and I do not want to live in a society that bows to such intimidation.

I believe that societies that respect the equality of rights before the law of all people, including women and religious minorities, as well as the freedom of conscience, are superior to those that do not. I hope that such societies will be able to summon the will to resist you and your "invitation" in all its implications before it is too late.

Meanwhile, Adam, I have a preliminary invitation of my own for you: I invite you to accept the Bill of Rights, and enter into the brotherhood of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. My invitation does not focus on my religion, although I invite you to that also, but rather on a framework within which people of differing faiths can live in peace, harmony, and mutual respect -- provided that none of the groups involved cherishes supremacist ambitions to subjugate the others.
Nicely said. Wai Pajamas Media for those two pieces of infidel resistance. Michelle has more, including background links on Gadahn. Very interesting in light of the gunpoint "conversions" of the Fox News journalists by the "Holy Jihad Brigades" in Gaza, and their subsequent promise to kidnap more foreigners there, and to kill them unless they pay up or become faithful to Allah.

Muslims who truly believe that there is "no compulsion in religion" are welcomed to chime in at any time.

Powered by Blogger

blogspot counter